If you’d like to increase your own brain power while you watch grown men drastically reduce theirs, may we suggest the following exercises:
- Amis. Larkin. The Times Literary Supplement. How much more do you need to know before you read the hell out of this article?
- Christopher Newfield reviews Andrew McGettigan’s The Great University Gamble at The Los Angeles Review of Books.
- I have finally accepted the fact that I am a snob. You should too by reading The New Yorker‘s “Sporting Scene” blog. Rejubilation!
- This week’s winner of the “Well, Yeah” award goes to The American Prospect, which asks whether automation is destroying more jobs than it is creating. Yes, yes it is.
- Ian Johnson in the New York Review of Books on advertising the “China Dream.”
- William Faulkner’s kitchen. I am particularly pleased that they included a picture of the wall near the family phone. [h/t my mother]
Happy Sunday, folks!